Saturday 7 March 2015

Early Spring

The spring garden is at the front of the house, and starts a display of bulbs in January, with snowdrops


 ahead of daffodils and narcissi, followed by a carpet of bluebells in April and May. At this time of year it is very exciting to see the daffodil buds coming through.



The roses are also getting started, and some brave hellebores are already in flower.



Indoors, I am working on a crochet blanket. This is a Tunisian crochet project, called Starburst Entrelac Afghan, and it is crocheted from the centre out in diamond shapes. I'm going for an autumn leaves palette which I'm rather pleased with.


At the weekend, following advice from Alan Titchmarsh on Classic FM, I bought some bargain pots of Narcissus Tete a Tete and planted them up on a pot on the patio. I already have quite a few pots of bulbs here and I think they will make a good show in a few weeks!


No comments: