Saturday 10 July 2010

Hampton Court



No this isn't my garden! Not this year anyway...
Yesterday afternoon Braveheart and I went for the first time to the Hampton Court Flower Show. It was baking hot with relatively little shade, and we drank two full bottles of water in the three and a half hours we were there. We were both covered in Factor 30 suncream so no burns, I'm pleased to report!


Most of our time in our garden this year has been spent on the vegetable garden, and all I have done for the flower beds is see what comes up, weed and water them and plant a few new plants. So I was hoping to get inspiration for ways we could develop our flower garden, and I was not disappointed.

We spent most of our time looking at the Show Gardens, and some time in the Rose tent, the Heritage Plants tent and the Flower tent. I had thought I would buy lots of plants, but in the end I decided that I had so many ideas, after looking at the show gardens, that I hadn't thought through for our garden that it wasn't the right time to buy. I was also afraid that with the current weather it would be difficult to get new plants established so I decided to wait till cooler, wetter conditions return.

We took 160 odd photos though, to capture planting schemes, colours and plants we liked, so here is a selection.


2 comments:

Fiona Reynolds said...

Hampton Court looks gorgeous! I've never been so I think I'll have to add that to my list. And your garden IS looking lovely.

MysteryKnitter said...

How gorgeous!