Monday 7 July 2008

In Which I Finish a Crochet Project



After six weeks of intensive crocheting, here at last is the Tess Dawson Floral Summer Shrug. It is really a very simple shape, basically I crocheted a rectangle and then joined up the two ends into a tube with more crochet, leaving the centre open to be the body.



I really like it, and it is light and comfortable to wear, too. I could get into this crochet lark. Oh well, now for a knitting project. I'm going to cast on for the Queen of the Waves Shawl by Ilga Leja, using this absolutely gorgeous merino tencel custom dyed for me by the lovely Natalie at the Yarn Yard. *Drool*



Excuse me, I have to go and wind it into balls RIGHT NOW.

2 comments:

Linz Knits Now said...

ooooh I really love the shrug, it looks great on you. Nice to see a bit of crochet now and then.

And that yarn looks scrumptious!

MysteryKnitter said...

Nice shrug!
Awesome yarn! I am sure you will tame that Queen.